Jump to the main content block
:::

 
:::

Brief history of Academia Historica

The Academia Historica was established in Nanjing in 1947 and reopened in Taiwan in 1957. The Organization Act of the Academia Historica was amended in 2001 to establish four departments (compilation and research; preservation and general service; acquisition; and a secretariat ), then in 2002 the former Historical Research Committee of Taiwan Province was renamed Taiwan Historica and became part of the Academia Historica organization. In 2004, The Presidential and Vice Presidential Records and Artifacts Act was enacted into law and expressly named Academia Historica as the competent authority for presidential and vice-presidential records and artifacts.